Dual Headstock Lathe
Functional Description :
- For tube to tube pipe welding applications, this system utilises a pneumatic powered sliding headstock to provide to holding pressure between parts.
- Can be used with MIG, TIG and Plasma applications.
- Encoder feedback ensures constant weld width and penetration.
- Both headstocks are driven from a common drive shaft from a single motor.
- Each headstock can be used with either a conventional or automatically controlled pneumatic chuck.
- Levelling screw Jacks are fitted making the lathe capable of lifting total combined payload of 2000kg.
- Bespoke systems available.
- Designed to be used with the VBC IE 400 power source with the options of :
- Arc Voltage Controller
- Pulsed Wire Feeder
- Weaving Unit
- Magnetic Arc Deflector
- Component sizes from 25mm to 115mm outside diameter as standard. Other sizes available
- Strong fabricated main frame with 250mm between headstocks when fully open.
- Through beam photoelectric sensors detect the presence of the part at both the entry point to each headstock and the location at the weld position.
- Pneumatically controlled extending stop ensures that the parts are in the correct position prior to sliding headstock closing the parts together.
- Sliding arc screen rated at 500Amps with "screen closed" safety switch ensures the operator is protected from the arc.
- Plough ground rear support structure for mounting the AVC slide and wire feeder motor and spool.
- Fitted with stainless steel cone shaped chuck protectors to the rear of both turntables.
- Option of a split Upper and lower frame by four synchronized screw jacks to adjust the operating height