Model O – Faceplate diameter 609mm, Vertical load 1500kg
The Manual and Automated Model O turntables have been designed using proven Instrument Engineering Oxford Turntable frame technology to meet the most demanding production requirements.
- Suitable for TIG, Plasma and MIG welding applications.
- Solid Shaft machine comes with provision for a Shield Gas connection and Purge Tube.
- Hollow shaft version has large 153mm diameter shaft bore, clear through the turntable.
- Simple to set up and use.
- Both the Automatic and Manual controls include an LCD Display with 0.01 RPM resolution, which can be set to the required speed before or during a weld cycle.
Manual Model O
- Designed for manual operation via the front panel switches, foot switch or variable speed foot pedal.
Automatic Model O
- Can form part of an automatic welding system.
- For example, as the Headstock of our Series 3 Industrial Welding Lathe.
- The Automatic option provides outputs to automatically start & stop the weldset, and control both VBC Engineering Cold Wire Feeders & Arc Length Controllers.
- Incorporated is a Pool Delay timer, Run On timer, a weld distance counter calibrated in degrees and the facility to store 64 different program schedules.
- Whichever unit you choose, you can be sure of unrivalled performance, reliability and durability from what has become recognised as one of the very best welding turntables available.
- Speed range:-
- Solid shaft: 0.1 to 3.0 RPM
- Hollow shaft:0.1 to 6.5 RPM
- Other speed ranges available upon request.
- 400 Amp earth return brush gear with insulated M16 brass stud for connection to the weld set.
- Can be up rated to 600 amp @ 60% duty cycle.
- Weight capacity:-
- Solid shaft 1000Kg as a turntable, 500Kg as a headstock.
- Hollow shaft 1500Kg as a turntable, 750Kg as a Headstock.
- Clockwise and counter clockwise rotation control.
- Encoder feedback for accurate closed loop control.
- Can be fitted with either a 609mm faceplate, a 250mm or 400mm 3-jaw self-centring chuck. The available internal bore diameter is limited to 101mm when fitted with 250mm Chuck.
- The faceplate has concentrically scribed alignment circles and 4 radial clamping slots.
- Option of floor-standing 110 degree tilt frame.
- Option of additional foot switch or variable speed foot pedal (Manual Model O only)
- Available with Anti-Backlash gears